what can yoga do for me?
- Yoga increases your flexibility and strength, improves body shape and muscle tone and speeds up your metabolism so you lose weight almost effortlessly.
- Yoga improves skeletal and muscle alignment and lubricates your joints, providing effective pain management.
- Improved breathing clears up sinus and asthma problems, strengthens your nervous system and calms your mind. Memory and motivation are improved. You feel more alive!
- Yoga techniques are immensely powerful and are effectively used to treat even chronic problems like high blood pressure, hormonal imbalances, MS and migraines. The anti-aging effects of yoga are amazing too!
- Anxiety, depression, panic attacks and emotional problems can be overcome and replaced by your true natural state of joy and harmony.
- Yoga is fun – well, it is here at Yoga Glow Studio! Make new friends and enjoy progressing together.
“There is no one other exercise avenue you can take that will address so many issues in one simple session!”
TESTIMONIALS, especially answering above question!
If you would like to read a much more detailed list of health benefits of yoga (77!), click here.
Box to click through : What is Therapeutic Yoga?
do I need any equipment or special clothing to do yoga?
All necessary equipment, like yoga mats and bolsters, are provided at the studio. No special clothing is needed, you should be able to use clothes you already have. We recommend loose, elasticated trousers or leggings and T shirts or sweatshirts to allow comfort and unrestricted movement. Turn up and try it, you can always wear something different next time.
will I have to do any strange contortions … and will it hurt?
The idea is to ease into yoga gently, and never stretch beyond your body’s current capabilities. Yoga should not hurt. If anything hurts, ease back to the position that doesn’t hurt and practice from there. You won’t have to do any Asanas (physical postures) that you’re not comfortable with. Over time, though, you are bound to find yourself bending (comfortably and easily) more than you ever thought you’d be capable of – because yoga improves your flexibility so beautifully. What looks like a contortion today, could look like an easy Asana for you some time in the future!
where do I sign up for the taster yoga session?
You are very welcome to come and try yoga for free. ….. Information about signing up and form and/or phone number to get in touch to do it …..